Tuesday, December 10, 2013

It's Dangerous to Visit the Disney Store Online

I'm such a good little consumerist. I don't know if we can -- or should -- blame Disney, although I'm sure they played a significant role. But I'm sure that it's a composite result of being raised in the culture that I was. Like, McDonald's and their Happy Meal toys: "collect them all!" And by "collect" they mean, "pester your parents to take you to a fast food restaurant multiple times and buy you food to get the 'free' toy." And Barbie? With all her clothes and mansions and cars and multiple incarnations.

Yah. It's a problem much bigger than Disney. But regardless. Disney has great people leading their merchandizing and marketing departments. Because when I saw this, my first thought was, "I HAVE TO HAVE IT." The box may say "Ages 3+" but, c'mon.

It is a Singing Elsa Doll. With LIGHT UP GLOVES.

No comments:

Post a Comment