Thursday, July 31, 2014

Frozen Summer Fun

A few weeks ago, when my husband and I were talking about our trip to Seattle, I jokingly mentioned that we should tack on a mini-trip to Disney World in order to see the Frozen Summer Fun events at Hollywood Studios. Well, half-jokingly mentioned it. After all, there isn't a direct flight to Seattle from RDU, so we'd have to have a lay-over somewhere. Why not Orlando?

Long story short, I have an amazing husband who agreed.

And it was awesome. Well, the Frozen stuff was awesome. The weather was about as un-Frozen as you could get. Ugh. I'm reminded of why we much prefer going in October or May -- August in central Florida is miserable.

Every time we go, my husband and I talk about how much potential Hollywood Studios has to be truly great -- and that Disney should make it their next renovation project. I don't know how much of this will stay once the event ends, but it'd be a great start.


Now, rumor has it that the entire Frozen Summer Fun was put up in two weeks -- which may explain why I was a little bit disappointed that there wasn't more. They've been really pushing it, and promoting it heavily, but it just seemed like they could have done more. Or maybe I've just been conditioned to expect excess from Disney. 


Yay for Frozen themed treats -- but while it was cool in the air conditioning, hot chocolate did not sound appealing in the Florida heat.


The welcome parade was really cute too -- in true Disney fashion, in "snowed" when the Arendelle royals arrived. And I always love when Disney makes it "snow." It reminded me a lot of the parades that Disney used to have at MGM back in the 90s -- whenever a movie did well or when they wanted to hype up a movie, they had film-centric parades. I still remember the Aladdin parade, mainly because they had a spitting camel float -- and I got "spit" on by the camel. I think the camels are now in MK, by the Flying Carpets ride in Adventureland. 

The Sing Along was probably my favorite part. It's a "ticketed" event -- kind of like Fast Passes -- and I was a little disappointed by the seating. (Disney is usually so good about "every seat has a great unobstructed view!" and that was not the case in this theater -- maybe because it was older? -- you can see the post in the right-hand picture.) But there's something magical about everyone singing along together -- and the little kids are especially cute singing at the top of their lungs. 


Definitely glad we made the trip down to experience it!

No comments:

Post a Comment