Tuesday, September 23, 2014

2014's "It" Christmas Toys List is 'Frozen' Over

Every year, it seems as if there's some "It" Christmas Toy that every child just has to have. I don't really remember what they were when I was young enough to write lists to Santa, but I can remember some of the biggest fads when I got older. Beanie Babies might be the exception. The hysteria that set in when everyone wanted a Tickle-Me-Elmo? The inexplicable furor that surrounded a Furby? (I still think those are exceptionally creepy.)

I'd never really understood who decided this -- who sat down and said, "Let's make X the Hot Ticket item that will make people show their dark sides on Black Friday as they attempt to get it" -- actually, I'd never really given much thought to the fact that this was a calculated decision.

But something popped up in the Disney RSS feed today -- something about the hottest toys for Christmas 2014. (I think it's connected to Toys R Us, but I can't be sure.)

Apparently, two Frozen toys made the Top 15 list. As far as I can tell, the Must Have Item is a Sing-Along Boombox ($29.99) that's basically a Frozen-themed karaoke machine. It plays three songs -- "Let It Go," "For the First Time in Forever" & "Summer"-- and I can only imagine that parents are super thrilled that their kids might be begging for this.



The second is another signing Elsa doll that sings "32 seconds" of "Let It Go" -- but if it's anything like the other singing Elsa doll, it won't be the good parts of the song. 


She's kinda cute! But the article I was reading said that, "Depending on where you purchase the doll, Elsa can sing in one of 25 languages -- everything from French and Spanish to Cantonese and Korean." I'm not sure whether or not this means that she can sing in all 25 languages and you pick one? Or if they're just manufacturing dolls that will sing in the language of the country they're sold in (as opposed to selling an English-singing doll everywhere). I kinda hope it's the former because it reminds me of the video:



But the coolest ones - to me - are the Olaf ones:


It's like an Olaf-Mr. Potato Head and an Olaf-Sno-Cone Maker. Okay, the Sno-Cone Maker is a little weird because the stuff comes out his stomach (better than his mouth, I suppose). But the Mr. Potato Head one is kinda fun! 

1 comment:

  1. As far as I can tell, the Must Have Item is a Sing-Along Boombox ($29.99) that's basically a Frozen-themed karaoke machine. It plays three ... frozenkaraoke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete