Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Disney Villains Parody/Cover One Republic

This really has nothing to do with nothing, but I love it:


It's a clever parody -- just in time for Halloween! -- but I think I like Captain Hook's part best. Witty.

Although...not sure I agree that Scar is the Evilest Villain Evar. Maleficent takes that title, IMHO. I will admit that class discussion on The Lion King helped a bit, since some students pointed out that Scar does succeed for a while. I mean, it's Disney, so you know he's ultimately going to fail, but where most Disney villains fail due to their ineptitude, Scar's plan works. After all, Hades' plan is foiled, Ursula doesn't get to wield her power for more than a hot minute (same with Jafar), and Gaston's plan to marry the girl does not...end well for him. I suppose Mother Gothel "succeeds" for a while, as she stays young for about 18 years, but compared to Scar's fratricide, Mother Gothel doesn't seem all that sinister.

Hmmm. I forgot about Frollo. He's pretty sinister -- but conspicuously absent from the video. He subjugates Quasimodo for about twenty years and persecutes the gypsies, so, you know, not a good guy. But Hunchback doesn't get much popular attention -- maybe that will change with the musical.

1 comment:

  1. How to Get Money Back From an Investment Scam / Consult Alpha Recovery Experts

    The professionalism and reliability of ALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS team set them apart as a trusted partner in the realm of bitcoin recovery services. Operating with the highest level of professionalism and integrity, ALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS ensures that their clients receive the best possible assistance in recovering their lost bitcoins. With a team of experts dedicated to helping individuals navigate the process of recovery, they offer 24/7 support to ensure that clients receive prompt and effective assistance when they need it most. Testimonials from satisfied clients further underscore the effectiveness of ALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS in recovering lost bitcoins, highlighting their commitment to client satisfaction and successful outcomes.

    Get More Info;
    Visit ; Alpharecoveryexpert. com
    Mail Add; Info @alpharecoveryexpert. com

    ReplyDelete