Tuesday, February 24, 2015

EPCOT Flower & Garden's Topiaries

Confession: Before my husband took me to Disney World over Fall Break on our first trip, I had never been to the Food & Wine Festival at EPCOT.

A tragedy, I know.

Now, it's one of my favorite parts of visiting Disney in the fall (it's really hard to beat cooler temperatures and smaller crowds). But it can get a little crowded -- especially on the weekends, when the locals flood in.

But last year, when I went down to EPCOT both in March (for a conference) and again in May (for a friend's graduation/birthday celebration) I really enjoyed the Flower & Garden Festival. It's similar to Food & Wine, at least in the sense that both have themed topiaries and food stands. Obviously there are many more food stands at Food & Wine, but the ones at Flower & Garden made a good showing.
(Exhibit A: Frushi -- Fruit Sushi:


But the topiaries. Oh, they're gorgeous.  This is my favorite from last year -- Tinkerbell by the Butterfly Pavilion:


But this year--this year there will, apparently, shockingly, be Anna and Elsa topiaries. The Disney Parks blog released the photos earlier today


There's a close-up of the Anna one at the website, but I omitted it here because it kinda freaks me out. It took me a minute to figure out why -- most of the topiaries, especially the human characters, don't have eyes. The animal characters (i.e., Mickey, Minnie, etc.) may have them, but the eyes....just seem a little unsettling here. 

Either way, I'm sure the topiaries will be beautiful. They always are. 


No comments:

Post a Comment