Saturday, May 28, 2016

Confession Time: I adore Blake Lively.

She was the perfect Bridget in Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (Confession #2: I've seen the movie AND its sequel; I've read all the books. And I love them. The perks of studying Children's Literature?). She slayed as Serena van der Woodson on Gossip Girl. And--lucky girl--she's married to Ryan Reynolds.

Now, our girl Blake has been in the news quite a bit lately. Sure, there was that whole "LA face with an Oakland booty" Instagram "scandal" (I use the term "scandal" loosely, because social media gets outraged over anything and everything) and while I love Sir Mix-a-lot's defense of her, that's not the news I mean.

No, Blake Lively is dressing like a real-life Disney princess. First, there was her Cinderella-inspired look in Cannes:



And then there was this dress (also at Cannes) that cannot have been inspired by anything other than Elsa's "Let It Go" dress -- I mean, that thigh-high slit!  that cape and train! those sparkles! (She also captioned the photo "Let It Glo" so...there's that.)

(c) elle

And, in case you're not entirely convinced, consider Exhibits A & B: Blake Lively likes to instagram her jewelry and accessories (and honestly, given the bling she's wearing, can you blame her?) and one photo is captioned "Bibbidi Bobbidi bling" and the other "Not a footprint to be seen." 

Girl clearly knows her Disney princesses. 

But--and this might be why I adore her--she's also got a sense of humor:


And you know my undying love for The Little Mermaid so...

No comments:

Post a Comment