Thursday, August 11, 2016

Disney + Michael Phelps

I love, love, love when two of my favorite things collide. In this case, it's Disney & Michael Phelps/swimming.

I was a swimmer in high school, and my year-round team swam at some of the same regional meets as Phelps, so I was exposed to his greatness fairly early on (way before the rest of the world). There are some people that you watch once and just know that they're on a completely different level.

So I always root for Phelps -- always -- and was irrationally heartbroken when he lost the 200 Fly to Chad Le Clos in 2012. And I was irrationally elated at the "drama" that unfolded surrounding the Olympic rematch.

By now, #thePhelpsFace is an Internet meme sensation -- and we all know the results of the final -- but this is probably my favorite take on it:



LOVE IT.


No comments:

Post a Comment