Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Dear God: Disney Is Making A Live-Action Lion King

I suppose we only have ourselves to blame for this one: according to Variety, this summer's live-action (re: CGI) adaptation of The Jungle Book earned over $900 million worldwide (the third Disney film to do so this year; I imagine that Moana will be the fourth in November).

So I guess Disney likes Jon Favreau because...



That's right. Not only is Disney making a live-action (re: CGI because there's not even a single human in this story) The Lion King -- but they've put it on the fast-track. Whatever that means.

I kinda get The Jungle Book adaptation...it was the 1960s and isn't as popular but remaking the Renaissance Disney classics? WHY?!

Disney, I love you. I really, truly, honestly do. But at some point, the remakes have to stop. NOTHING will ever touch Elton John's version of "The Circle of Life" so...just stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment