Sunday, May 13, 2018

Newsies on Netflix!!!

THIS IS NOT A DRILL:


I logged into my Netflix account the other day and was browsing the New Releases. I was looking for Thor: Ragnarok (it wasn't there, womp womp) and, instead, I found this.

Apparently, you can watch a taped broadcast of Newsies -- with, I think, the original cast.

My reaction:



I love, love, LOVE Newsies. The first time I watched it was in freshman year of high school, in ELP (lawd, I don't even remember what that acronym stands for...Economics, Legal, and Politics? Something like that?). We also watched Dave, which is a delightful (if not dated) movie, so clearly my ELP teacher's movie game was on point.

But I loved Newsies -- before I even knew it was Disney movie or that Christian Bale was in it. The music was infectious (of course, it's Alan Menken), it was informational but entertaining, and sure, it ran a little long, but it was just...fun.

So when they made a musical and, arguably, improved it -- yay girl power! -- I was there for it. I never made it to NYC to see the original cast, but bought tickets when the tour came to DPAC. And now I can watch it whenever I want.

And, can I just say? If this is what we can expect from Disney's new streaming service...


Take my money now, Disney.

No comments:

Post a Comment