Notice I didn't say "Ariel."
Because she is most emphatically not Ariel--whatever the media would like you to believe in order to get you to click their links.
Exhibit A:
Exhibit B:
(Although, I honestly don't know what's going on with Ariel in this photo. Seriously.)
Even CNN seems to have missed the point of the story it's reporting, given this headline:
The initial article I read made it very clear that this is an adaptation of Hans Christian Andersen's original story by Working Title and Universal -- the latter of which is one of Disney's biggest rivals. Richard Curtis is allegedly working on the screenplay -- which, if he hadn't given me one of my favorite episodes of Doctor Who, I'd be a bit worried since he's more famous for his rom-com work; Notting Hill, Love Actually, Bridget Jones's Diary to name a few.
But the point remains, The Little Mermaid is somehow one of the only films that hasn't been rumored to have a live-action adaptation in the works. So it makes sense that Universal would be focusing on their adaptation -- fingers crossed it will be much more faithful to Andersen's original tale. Which would mean it would be a much darker, feminist story, but we'll see.



ReplyDeleteHow To get back Stolen Cryptocurrency Money from a scammer - by Alpha Recovery Experts
After losing a significant amount of my crypto to scammers, I felt completely hopeless. I didn’t know where to turn, but thankfully, I came across Alpha Recovery Experts. They specialize in helping people like me recover lost or stolen funds, and I decided to give them a try. Recovering from a cryptocurrency scam can feel overwhelming, but working with experienced professionals can help in understanding there are options and practical steps toward getting back stolen crypto assets.
From my first interaction with them, I felt supported and understood. The team was professional and walked me through the entire process, which eased my anxiety. Although recovering lost funds can be challenging, they provided regular updates and kept me in the loop. I’m grateful for their assistance, and I would recommend them to anyone facing a similar situation.
More Info;
Email; Alpharecoveryexpert@consultant.com
WhatsApp; +44)7457424681