Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Little Mermaid at The Hollywood Bowl

Ever since it was announced that there would be a live concert of the music of The Little Mermaid at The Hollywood Bowl, I had been clinging desperately to the hope that there would be a live broadcast -- even if they did it at a theater and you had to pay admission.

Sadly, this did not happen.

But, luckily, we live in the age of YouTube. That way, even though I couldn't see it in person, I can at least watch the YouTube videos. (Sure the quality is less than stellar, but it's better than nothing.)


I think the casting choice I was most excited about was Rebel Wilson as Ursula. I'm not gonna lie -- "Poor Unfortunate Souls" is one of my all-time favorite Disney songs, and topping Pat Carroll is no easy feat. I'm not saying Rebel Wilson sings it better, but she does it justice.

Titus Burgess was Sebastian in the Original Broadway Cast, so you know he's gonna nail it.



I am excited that John Stamos as Chef Louie made it onto YouTube -- it's such a ridiculous character and song, but I love it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment