Tuesday, February 21, 2017

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things: Harry Potter Meets Disney


Okay. My love for Harry Potter is pretty well-established at this point, and about on par with my love for Disney. (Disney has a slight edge, but, to be fair, it's been around longer.) 

So when you mash up those things, it sets my fangirl heart aflutter. (Like when artists imagine Disney characters at Hogwarts.) 

So, this story has been circulating a lot:



(And, yes. I saved a Buzzfeed post about Golden Retriever puppies. Because puppies.)

But. Back on topic.

NO. I certainly did NOT miss anything, you presumptuous headline writers. 

If you combine my Disney and Harry Potter Nerd IQs, I'm actually kind of insulted. As if I could watch the clip and NOT immediately get the reference. 

If you don't want to click, here's the gist. Basically, the words to the opening song "Belle" have been changed a little bit. Gone is the line where the baker says, "Marie! The baguettes! Hurry Up!" 

Instead, Belle's interchange with Random Villager #1 goes something like this:


Actually, I guess his name is Monsieur Jean, so he's not completely random, but still. He's forgetting something. 

At which point, the first time I watched the clip, I turned to my husband and literally screamed "NEVILLE!!!!" My husband, of course, then looked at me blankly like I was a crazy person, as he had no idea what I was talking about.

BUT:


I mean, it could just be a coincidence....

...but that'd be an awfully coincidental coincidence, don'tcha think?

No comments:

Post a Comment