Thursday, January 8, 2015

Lea Michele's Cover of "Let It Go"

Once upon a time, Ryan Murphy created a successful, teen musical-drama-comedy TV show. I was always a big fan of his earlier show, Popular, but alas, that show flopped. But then he gave us Glee and for a year or two, it was awesome. Ridiculous, in typical-Ryan-Murphy fashion, but still awesome.

Then...I don't know. Stuff got weird, and there were new people that no one really cared about and yeah. I still watched it though. (It's like my weird thing with finishing books I started. Once I commit, I can't quit.)

Anyway. The final season starts tomorrow and they've released this clip of Lea Michele covering "Let It Go":


It actually seems like a good fit, given the context. And, overall, it seems like a good cover -- while Lea Michele is essentially being groomed to be the next, if not a more mainstream, Idina Menzel, she does lack a bit of Idina's emotional depth. But, Idina is awesome, so you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment