Sunday, March 8, 2015

Beauty and the Beast Casting

I can't let the weekend pass by without commenting on the Beauty and the Beast casting news:

First--Luke Evans as been cast as Gaston. While at first I was reluctant to think of Bard from The Hobbit as a villain (he killed Smaug the Cumber-Dragon!), the photos circulating the Interwebz have won me over:


Physically, he's a great choice. I still don't know if this adaptation will include all those musical numbers, and I have no idea if he can sing, but still. Promising.

Then--Dan Stevens -- a.k.a. Downton Abbey's Matthew Crawley -- was cast as The Beast. And...I really want to not like this casting choice. When Stevens left Downton Abbey and broke Lady Mary's heart, sending her back into that cold, distant shell, I was heartbroken too.

But...


That's adorable. I can't even. 

Also this:


I have high hopes for this movie -- if only because I'd love to see a more feminist story -- so don't let me down guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment