Thursday, March 19, 2015

#tbt

Today's Throwback Thursday is from 1984 -- not sure exactly when, but definitely in the Spring. These are my (amazing, wonderful, adorable) parents on their first trip together -- my mom had never been, and my dad wanted her to experience it. They have a whole album at home of their trip and (1) they were absolutely adorable -- no, seriously: they went to a character breakfast and took all these goofy pictures; it's weird to see yourself in your parents (because my husband and I totally did that on our first trip together); and (2) it's amazing to look at the photos and realize there was only the Magic Kingdom and EPCOT -- which wasn't even as developed as it is today.

Also--I'm here, too. My mom was -- unbeknownst to her at the time! -- pregnant with me during this trip, so this is my (un?)official first visit to Disney World. Again--my connection to Disney really shouldn't be a surprise.


No comments:

Post a Comment