Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Lily James at the Cinderella Premiere

I kinda wish I knew Lily James in person -- I would love to know if she's as sweet and kind and good-natured as she seems in her acting roles. She's Lady Rose on Downton Abbey, and they've kind of evolved her character so that her temperament matches her name -- especially this season. And Lady Rose is basically Cinderella in the 1920s. So the casting for the Disney film seems particularly apropos.

And she looked absolutely stunning a couple nights ago at the premiere of Cinderella--like a real-life princess:


THAT DRESS. I am not overly savvy when it comes to high-fashion -- sometimes, I quizzically scratch my head when I see what celebrities wear or what models wear on the runway -- but I am in love with this dress. (Except the pockets. I'm not a fan of pockets.) It's a subtle homage to the 1950 animated dress, but modernized. 


 That train, that back. As a former swimmer, I'm a sucker for a dress that shows off and flatters the back. And the train? How could you not feel like a princess in that dress.

But the killer part? The shoes. A girl can't be Cinderella without her glass slippers:


There's a beautiful 360-degree video over at Facebook.They look really uncomfortable, really impractical, and I don't even care. I want to put them on and twirl around. (I'd probably fall though.)

I don't consider myself to be a girly-girl -- and I'm fully aware that a lot of women's fashion is rooted in traditional gender norms -- but sometimes a nice pair of shoes and a pretty dress are all it takes to make me smile. And I fully admit that I wanted to be a Disney princess when I was little. (There are times when I still want to be a Disney princess...) And I don't think there's anything wrong with that.


1 comment:

  1. Legitimate Crypto recovery company | Trusted Bitcoin Recovery Experts – Alpha Recovery Experts

    Alpha Recovery Experts are known for their expertise in cryptocurrency recovery, leveraging a combination of technical skills and extensive knowledge of blockchain technology. In early this year, I found myself a victim of a sophisticated crypto scam that cost me a staggering $684,000. Just when I thought all hope was lost, I discovered Alpha Recovery Experts, a digital detective who specialized in recovering lost funds from scammers. With a reputation for helping individuals reclaim their stolen cryptocurrencies, I decided to reach out for assistance. Their approach combines technical proficiency with a deep understanding of the crypto landscape, making him a trustworthy ally in times of distress. I Want to sincerely thank Alpha Recovery Experts for the exceptional crypto recovery service they offered to me. If you find yourself facing difficulties with your cryptocurrency assets or have questions about recovery options, consider reaching out to Alpha Recovery Experts today. Their dedicated team is ready to assist you on your journey toward reclaiming your digital assets.

    Visit their website at (Alpharecoveryexperts. com)
    Email: (alpharecoveryexpert@consultant. com).

    ReplyDelete