Thursday, March 12, 2015

#tbt

So, one of my Spring Break projects was to collect a few old family photos for our Photo Wall. I've always loved photo walls -- my aunt has several collages lining her staircase and my sister-in-law has a beautiful photo wall (lots of teal/aqua frames) along her upstairs hallways. There's something about old photos...it's cliche to say that they're windows to the past, but they are. I'm fascinated by the details -- like my grandparents in front of a train station in Berlin or my husband's grandparents in front of the church that his grandfather literally helped build (and it's still standing in Western Virginia). It's amazing -- and something I don't know if we'll have much longer. Do people print photos anymore? Or is it all digital?

Regardless--I spent a very chill, relaxed afternoon with my mom last weekend paging through old photo albums. And, as it turns out, we played a fun game of "Spot The Disney References." Seriously--it really shouldn't be a surprise that I love Disney so much. It's not just family vacations to Orlando, it's in the books I read, the decorations on the wall, the 80s fashion.

So, to honor that past, I bring you: Throwback Thursday.

The inaugural picture is actually of my dad -- in 1977, when he and his college friends took a road trip down to Orlando. My dad is actually the one who started it all -- he was actually the one who initiated the biannual family vacations. He got burned out somewhere around the mid 1990s -- right around the time my brother and I were tweens -- and hasn't really been back since. (We're hoping to change that this October!)


It's not the greatest picture, but you can clearly see my Dad's Disney World shirt with Mickey Mouse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment