Friday, February 5, 2016

People Love Disney.

Okay. Whatever you're doing -- stop, take 5 minutes of your day, and listen to this beautiful cover/Disney mash-up. 

I am always in total awe of people who can not only sing but who can sing acapella since I have no musical skill whatsoever. 

Here, Kirstin Maldonado (of Pentatonix) and Jeremy Michael Lewis (of AcoUstiKats) mash-up "I See The Light" (from Tangled), "You'll Be In My Heart" (from Tarzan) and "Go The Distance" (from Hercules) and the result is stunning. I'm so used to Phil Collins' version of "You'll Be In My Heart" that I think hearing the soprano version when Maldonado sings is a bit weird for me, but she absolutely slays the Rapunzel vocals in "I See The Light." (And, as I explained to my husband, she's the reason I'm nitpicky about the actresses who play the Disney princesses on Broadway -- a few years ago, we saw an Ariel who was just so nasal, it bothered me the whole show: yes, Disney Princess songs are incredibly hard to sing, and I'm not professing to do any better, but when you find the right vocalist, it's amazing. They're out there!)

And those vocalists in the background? Doing the "music"? SO TALENTED.

*sigh* I wish I could sing. (On-key.)

No comments:

Post a Comment