Friday, February 19, 2016

Disney Artwork -- Phil Berry

In today's installment of "Disney Princesses as..." I bring you "Disney Princesses as Jedi" by Phil Berry. (Check out his work at his DeviantArt page.)

While I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan, I still think these are pretty cool if only because the princesses seem super kick-ass and not at all like damsels in distress. I also like the little subtle nods to the other characters in the film -- although Pascal, Rajah and Flounder are not nearly as cute and cuddly in Berry's versions.

Rapunzel might be my favorite -- after all, she's using her hair as a weapon, freeing up her hands, so the bad-ass potential is pretty high here.


Runner-Up probably goes to Ariel -- probably because she's my favorite princess in general. 


Berry rounds out his quartet with Jasmine and Belle:


For some reason, I'm not as big of a fan of the Belle one (to each his own!), mainly because if Beast wasn't there, I'd have a hard time knowing it was Belle. Her pose is also less active and striking, but maybe she's more of a strategist. 



No comments:

Post a Comment