Monday, October 16, 2017

Disney Weddings: Beauty and the Beast

I'm a sucker for a Disney-inspired wedding -- especially in October, when my own anniversary rolls around.

Fun Fact: in addition to dreaming about a Disney proposal in front of Cinderella Castle, I always adamantly told jokingly teased my dad that I wanted a Disney wedding. And I did...until I got engaged and started planning my own wedding. I mean, a "normal" wedding gets expensive real quick -- especially if you come from a family of New Yorkers who firmly believe that wedding guests should be taken care of if they attend your wedding (i.e., more than enough food and an open bar) -- but a Disney wedding? Is on another level.*

If you want the true fairy tale -- i.e., in front of the castle, rolling up in Cinderella's coach -- it's something to the tune of $75,000. Minimum. For the ceremony alone. The other dream locale is the Grand Floridian Wedding Pavilion, which I'm sure has a similarly exorbitant price tag. (There are ways to bring the cost down -- limit the number of people, have it on a weekday, have a brunch, etc. -- but, to me, none of those really said "fairy tale.")

*faints*

Yeah. I don't have that kind of money.

But some people do, so until we win the lottery and renew our vows, I'll be jealous of live vicariously through other people's weddings.

Like this Beauty and the Beast inspired one on the Disney Style blog: DECADENT.




*For a more scholarly approach see: Levine's "Fractured Fairy Tales and Fragmented Markets: Disney's Weddings of a Lifetime and the Cultural Politics of Media Conglomeration."

1 comment:

  1. Never heard about these wedding ideas! Thanks for this creative share. My cousin is planning an outstanding pre wedding dinner before her big day. Already booked one of the fantabulous home studios NYC with quality caterers. I think this design cake will be liked by guests. It's a small private party with limited number of guests.

    ReplyDelete