Friday, October 6, 2017

New Disney YAH Starbucks Mugs

DAMMIT DISNEY. JUST TAKE ALL MY MONEY ALREADY.

Okay. If you know me at all, you know that two of my favoritest things in the world are Starbucks & Disney. (Coincidence that both Magic Kingdom and Starbucks opened in 1971?! Yeah, probably. But still. These are two companies that would basically become the pinnacle of customer service and I like to think that that's kismet.)

Anyway. We all know my heart exploded the day Disney & Starbucks announced their partnership -- for the obvious reason ("these are a few of my favorite things") but also because there would finally be good coffee in the Disney parks.

And, like the good little Disney consumer that I am, the Disney YAH Starbucks mugs are the perfect souvenir, and we proudly own all of them. (Except the discontinued EPCOT mug. That was, perhaps, a bit of an overreaction -- it was just a mug -- but it's become a hot collector's item, so yay consumerism.)


I mean, yes. I freely admit that I'm a sucker for Disney merchandise -- and, now that I'm #adulting, I lost most of my self-consciousness about it. If I want to wear a Magic Kingdom 40th Anniversary track jacket out to Target, I'll do it thankyouverymuch.

But, some context: before I ever met my husband, I collected Starbucks mugs. They made a nice souvenir, and a practical one at that. Then, after my husband and I had our first date in a Starbucks, bonding over our mutual love of hand-crafted espresso beverages, expanding that collection became a nice way to remember our adventures. (Most of our mugs come from places we've been; but one of my best friends, who travels far more extensively than I will ever get the chance to do, has brought us back some amazing ones.)

I freely admit I'm not the biggest fan of the You Are Here mugs; I much prefer the older style. But I don't mind them for Disney mugs. Their bright colors and cartoonish look "fit" the Disney aesthetic much more than they do the mugs of big, urban metropolises.

Of course, now that Disney has released a new set of YAH mugs for each of the parks, I have to find a way to somehow get my hands on them. *sigh* Why are they so pretty?!

📷: Starbucks-Mugs

1 comment: