Due in part, I think, to the popularity of Dapper Days as well as the Disney rule that anyone over the age of 14 (how arbitrary!) can't dress like a Disney character in the parks (lest it confuse the tiny humans) unless it's at the Halloween party, there's been a uptick in DisneyBounding. What is DisneyBounding? Basically, it's dressing like a character -- being inspired by them -- but not wearing an identical costume. Check out a few examples here, but Googling and/or Pinteresting will yield copious examples.
I was thinking about that again this morning when, because of the rainy forecast, I threw my hair up in a top-bun. I've never been a girl who spends a ton of time on her hair or makeup, probably because I never really "learned" until I got to college. That was never something my mom taught me -- if I needed make-up done, we went to the Clinique counter at Belk -- and my high school friends were similarly disinterested. And my swimming friends -- well, I think we all realized the futility of spending 20-30 minutes after morning practice blow-drying and straightening our hair and applying make-up when it would all be undone 6-7 hours later during afternoon practice. The number of times I went to school with sopping wet hair...
But I digress. My point is that, yes: the top-bun is easy and fast (although it probably takes me much longer than it should) but it has the added bonus of making me feel like Tinkerbell. I know that Disney critics and scholars probably have their opinions about the Disney version, but I don't care. She's my favorite. She's blonde and sassy and petulant and a little bit vengeful. So if I ever stumble on a green dress suitable for teaching, you bet your bottom dollar I'll buy and proudly wear it to teach:
I'd probably substitute the wings for a sensible cardigan though. 😉
Confession: I have never DisneyBounded at a Disney Park, mainly because I have too many geeky Disney shirts and I prefer comfort over style when I'm spending 12+ hours on my feet in the Orlando heat & humidity. But maybe now that The Dress Shop is open at the Disney Parks it'll be easier to coordinate?

ReplyDeleteLegitimate Crypto Recovery Services - Go to ALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS
Alpha Recovery Experts has built a reputation for providing specialized cybersecurity and ethical hacking services aimed at helping clients address complex digital asset challenges. One of the key factors that sets Alpha Recovery Experts apart is its focus on ethical hacking methodologies. Ethical hacking involves the use of authorized security techniques to identify vulnerabilities, investigate incidents, and support recovery efforts while adhering to legal and professional standards. By combining technical expertise with a structured investigative approach, the company works to assist clients in understanding what happened to their digital assets and what recovery options may be available.
In addition to recovery services, Alpha Recovery Experts emphasizes cybersecurity awareness and risk mitigation. The company recognizes that preventing future incidents is just as important as addressing existing problems. Through security assessments, best-practice recommendations, and educational guidance, clients can gain valuable insights into protecting their cryptocurrency wallets, accounts, and sensitive digital information from evolving cyber threats.
For individuals and organizations seeking support with cryptocurrency-related security concerns, the company positions itself as a resource focused on technical expertise, ethical practices, and client-centered solutions.
WhatsApp; +44(745)742-4681
Email: (Alpharecoveryexpert@consultant.com)