Wednesday, September 6, 2017

"Disney Inspired" Dorm Room -- *womp womp*

I was scrolling through Facebook tonight when I came across this post from Teen Vogue:

via Facebook

I've seen so many posts lately about how students are taking their dorm rooms to the "next level." (Like these girls from Mississippi State. Or these girls from Texas. Or these other girls from Texas. Or any of these rooms.) IDK, maybe this happened when I was in college and we just didn't know about it because social media wasn't a thing yet. But the dorm rooms I lived in certainly weren't that nice. TBH, they may or may not be nicer than some of the rooms in my house. (Except for my kids' nurseries. We went all Pinspiration on those rooms.)

ANYWAY. Given the next-level decor going on in those dorm rooms above,  I was super excited to see the Disney room. 

Spoiler alert. It's not that Disney. 😢In most of the pictures of the room, I had to search for the Disney decor. And while I'm the first person to admit that too much Disney can border on tacky and cartoonish -- I walked that line with my wedding -- I kinda feel like if you're going to sell your dorm room as a magical Disney Wonderland, it should be a little more Disney. A color scheme of aqua/coral/white doesn't exactly scream Disney to me. 

Womp womp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment