Thursday, September 28, 2017

New Disney Dooney & Burke Bags

When we were in Disneyland for our honeymoon, my husband asked me what I wanted for my birthday and if there was anything Disney-related I might like. (Our anniversary and my birthday are 15 days apart and he admitted that he'd been so focused on the wedding, that he hadn't had time to give it a lot of thought.)

Now, I've never been an "expensive handbag" kind of girl: I can appreciate them, but when it comes down to it, as long as it holds all my stuff, I don't mind if it comes from Target or a designer store. But when my husband asked if I'd like a Dooney & Burke bag, I didn't hesitate. Yes, I said. I love the one you picked out.


They have a color version of this design, but part of the reason I love this bag so much is that the Disney is really subtle. Unless you're looking really closely, you can't tell. And the people who *do* notice often ask me, in hushed but excited tones, if that's a Disney bag. I nod, and we share a little conspiratorial smile and recognize each other as Disney nerds. It's great.

My current bag is currently showing a little wear, so my husband's been on the lookout for another print  that he thought I might like, but most of the recent prints have either been too cartoonish or just not my thing. 

But. 

Today I saw this: 

And I may have texted it to my husband reminding him that our anniversary/my birthday/Christmas were all coming up. I love it. I love that it's Peter Pan, and that Tink is prominently featured, and I love that it's not in color -- the black-and-white color scheme make the Disney aspect a lot more subtle than most of the Disney Dooney & Burkes. 

For a comparison, here's the new Snow White collection -- I think in honor of the 80th anniversary:

There's also a new Christmas print coming out, which, I have to admit, did set my Disney-consumer-heart aflutter. Fall/Halloween is my favorite time to visit, but Disney-at-Christmas is...magical. But this print just doesn't seem practical. I would feel weird using the purse in, say, May, so it's an expensive purchase to just it for a few weeks. But still pretty. 😊


No comments:

Post a Comment