Thursday, September 21, 2017

#tbt

Just going to sneak this #tbt post in under the midnight deadline...

Facebook reminded me today that, 5 years ago, we made our engagement "Facebook official." (Because of course it's not official until it's Facebook official. 😒) So, in honor of that, I wanted to share a photo of my "Disney engagement":


I had always dreamed of getting engaged in front of Cinderella Castle in the Magic Kingdom. Cliche, I know, but to my Disney-princess obsessed self, that seemed the epitome of romance. (Plus, all of the families on the 90s sitcoms I grew up with had a Disney-episode, and I'm pretty sure one of them involved an engagement in front of the castle.) And, TBH, it still kinda does. I know princesses and fairy tales and uber-romanticized happily-ever-afters don't exist, but Disney is the place where they at least seem possible.

So my wonderful, thoughtful, creative husband did this. We had a trip planned for October with our moms, and he thought about proposing then, but (1) he did think it was a little cliche and (2) he didn't want to have to worry about traveling with and packing a ring, let alone carrying it around a Disney park all day. (What if it fell out of his pocket on Space Mountain? I mean, his cell phone did, so it could happen. Luckily, we did get the phone back.)

So he brought Cinderella Castle to me. And dragged me out of bed before 8 on a Friday morning, without coffee, because he couldn't wait. 💖

And, bonus: even though our engagement didn't take place in front of Cinderella Castle, our engagement photos did. Because he proposed a few weeks before our trip, we got to plan to have engagement photos taken in the Magic Kingdom, and that's something that I will treasure forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment